Thursday, March 20, 2008

Looking back on the beginning

This year kicked off with a bang, as usual, when the clock struck midnight on another unplanned new years eve in which I spent the count-down in a car driving home on the way back from the shittest club event ever, musing upon my maladroit behaviour and arrogance on a night that was supposed to be big. Two minutes into 2008 and I had already managed to piss off my woman with my dogmatic temperant, all because I couldn't see the "fun" in spending NYE in a night club fulll of douche-bag goths clicking their heels to brainless nu-metal -- Ironically, you have to question who the cynic really is in this situation...

Going into January I had no idea what to expect, and quite frankly I was petrified of what lay ahead of me in the proceeding month -- I wouldn't have a job, and I'd need a shit-load of money to kick-start my life as an official uni bum. Strangely enough, the end of January was awesome... I went to Big Day Out Melbourne for fuck's sake!! (And for all those who have never been, it's definitely something you've got to experience -- though mind you, last year's was better)...

By the time I reached February, my full-time position with Atico was rolling to a close and everything seemed to be losing momentum... I started uni in early March and I didn't know what to expect... I knew no-one, and it seemed as though my tertiary expeditions would be entirely solitary. Things picked up though, and I started meeting a shit-load of people. I also went and saw Mindless Self Indulgence for the first time ever, but Laura and myself were kind of disappointed that no-one else came with them (such as The Birthday Massacre) but I can honestly say it was one of the most electrifying shows I've seen to date (aside from the likes of NIN, Muse and 30 Seconds to Mars)... Jimmy Urine is literally like a punk rock Willy Wonka, he waltzes on stage with a purple cane and a tailored jacket, hair-style emulating that of a sea urchin and this intense energy that I can't begin to describe in words... Want to know why I'm ranting about this? Because Laura and myself got to fucking meet the guy after the show, and yeah I got a hug, hahahaha... It was almost as exciting as the time I got to meet Jared Leto *gloat* but yeah I'll stop now...

Fuck uni. It's gotten to a point where I'm in a zombified state of functionality. The course content is merciless and if you fail to keep your head above the water you'll quickly find yourself inundated with weeks and weeks of catch-up work... This means folks, more caffeine, less sleep and more tension. Who else feels like they're losing their hair at uni...?

Anyway, I'm done here... This blog from now on is going to be nothing more than a vessel of constructive thought application, it's purpose being to enlighten anyone who gives a shit enough to read it and also to distract me from the lurid temptations of devilish social networking sites such as myspace and facebook... And don't worry, my future posts won't be so plain, haha.

Peace.

No comments: