Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lower your inhibitions and fucking entertain me

What is it about 'bogains'? What is it about their senslessness, their lack of thought and their ability to recklessly abandon social etiquette, particularly on public transport systems...? I thought about this the other day on the train, when a dishevelled looking 19 year old woman boarded the train with her 30 year old husband and two sons at Macquarie fields train station (No, I didn't stutter... TWO!). The family sat there, cussing at anything and anyone who dared to look at them the wrong way... I couldn't understand what could possibly compel them to verbally tear apart anything and anyone that crossed their path...

"Sit the fuck down Riley!" ... "Awww look at this ugly cunt walking past, kids look at 'im!", shrieked the woman in the most nasal voice possible. I sat there behind them.. My lip would curl every time words dribbled from each of their mouths. It was then I looked out the window and actually smirked at what they were laughing at... This old man was walking past the window at Minto station. He had no shirt, was lathered in sweat, no teeth and to top it off his ass-crack was hanging out of his slacks. As he hobbled along carrying his plastic bag full of empty VB bottles, I watched as the woman (mother of two) leaned out the window as the train started moving and yelled "Hey fat-boy, put a fucking shirt on and pull your pants up!! Kids, get me a fucking coin so I can throw it at 'is money-box!!"

Bogains make the train rides fun. In my head, that is the only logical explanation as to how they are not yet extinct as a species. Looking at them, it just makes you wonder how someone could become such a person...? But i'm not gonna debate the whole nature versus nurture bullshit here, I know there are many people who are unwillingly or inavoidably brought up in wrongful circumstances... I'm not really arguing a point, so just agree that bogains make great comedic fodder and alike the purpose of the common fly in the insect world, they serve no purpose but to provide a small amount of humourous sustenance to the ever-inflating ego.

To that stupid teenage mother who boarded the Macarthur train at Macquarie fields, thanks for brightening my shitty day and I look forward to more laughably grotesque bogain encounters.


Peace.

No comments: