Friday, September 12, 2008

No motivation.

The great sin of 'sloth' comprises the crux of my being right now. How cool is that? Not really when you have a 30 hour programming assignment you should be working on because it's due in about 5-6 days and you have'nt started... Everyone seems to have a drive at the moment... Maybe I notice it more because the people I hang out with at uni engross themselves in their assignments... Basically it sux. I'm in limbo right now and I can't quite grasp the motivation to do my work but at the same time I'm freaking out on the inside... All the while I come across as cool as a cucumber given my current predicament. I think I must come across that way because there is soooo much shit I should be doing right now, it's so overwhelming I'm beyond overwhelmed... hahaha... I dunno.

Friday night was weird... Funny, but weird. I have a video of some drunken antics last night involving me being a tool to post on here eventually when Adam uploads the footage onto Facebook... Anyway...

Friday was an extremely unproductive day, I mean... I look back on it now and I think "what the hell was I thinking?!? Do some fucking work!!!!" It started off with websystems... Which I ended up ditching to go and play a prank on Lenny with a guy I just met, Tim... The plan was that Tim and I were 'pissed' off at Lenny for being rude to everyone, so we decided to stage an intervention aiming to make Lenny believe that he was bad-mouthing us in front of everyone... Either way, the outcome was hilarious because Lenny actually believed the things we were telling him... haha, guess you had to be there... Poor, poor gullible Leonard Barretto....

After Websystems, I got a call for a job interview on Monday which was cool. So, in a good mood i marched into my programming tute with extraordinary confidence but low and behold the realisation of my fickle situation with the subject hit me hard. But whatever, I had better things to do so I left early to catch a train home to meet up with Laura and Tim...

I arrived home, scoffed down some pasta for dinner, chucked fresh clothes on and got ready for the big night. As we were driving down to Wollongong, I was knocking back a beer or two in the back seat... Just enjoying the scenery I guess, and then we arrived.

The vibe was good, everyone was out the front of the house enjoying the Spring weather and the general consensus of people were boozed. After settling in, everyone bagan mingling in their drunken states. I only drank a 6 pack of beer so I was feeling fairly happy... Until I saw this douchebag I didn't like... I'm not one for confrontation, but I was in the mood for something different. So I leave a few of my mates mid-conversation, walk over to him and tell him that he's a douchebag. Then an argument ensued, and I laughed a little on the inside (everyone else was actually laughing with me, seeing as only about 3 people like the guy -- he steals everyone's booze... But doesn't bring his own. You don't do that, haha). Anyway, the rest of the night consisted of Taylar passing out on the front lawn, me playing the role of crowd control and Tim, Laura and Mel trying to stuff him into a car. Goooooooooooooood times... haha, nah but there were some funny moments -- like the video I'll post eventually. Anyway, back to programming...

Later.

1 comment:

Leonard said...

You and Tim are mega cruel man. As if I wouldn't fall for that.

Sounds like you had a good Friday night.

Depending on the outcomes of the 3 remaining games for this week, there's a chance that the Roosters and the Sharks play each other next week.